Discovering Open Data - European Data Portal
The eLearning programme introduces you to every aspect of open data. You will learn about definitions related to the concept and read success stories from across Europe. We introduce the major trends in open data, explain how people publish, access, and use it. Finally, we highlight the future of open data and get you thinking about the next steps for your own work.
Below you will find a list of 16 short training sessions designed for anyone to discover more about open data. The sessions correspond to the 16 eLearning modules, Link opens in a new window designed by the EDP. Each session covers a different aspect of open data training. The sessions suit all levels from a complete newcomer to an expert.
This programme has been designed to enable you to discover what open data is and how it is changing the lives of everyone on our planet.
For best results, complete all 16 modules following their order for a solid grounding in all aspects of open data. Or, if you prefer to pick a specific topic, feel free to proceed straight to this module.
- Lesson 1 - What is open data?
- Lesson 2 - Unlocking value from open data
- Lesson 3 - Open data. Agent of change
- Lesson 4 - Why do we need to license?
- Lesson 5 - What makes quality open data?
- Lesson 6 - Measuring success for open data
- Lesson 7 - Why should we worry about sustainability?
- Lesson 8 - Getting to grips with platforms
- Lesson 9 - Choosing the right format for open data
- Lesson 10 - How useful is my data?
- Lesson 11 - How to clean your data
- Lesson 12 - Finding hidden data on the web
- Lesson 13 - Linking up the web of data
- Lesson 14 - Open data advocacy
- Lesson 15 - Managing change in open data