Using Open Data for Digital Business - Royal Holloway, University of London
Open Data is data that anyone can access, use or share and when used well it can be extremely powerful. It enables businesses, citizens, developers and researchers to harness resources that can make crucial improvements to their communities and the economy. It can also help with the development of new products and services, improve business efficiency and create economic value.
This course provides new insight into the history of Open Data, its pros and cons, business cases and business models related to publishing and using Open Data.
What topics will you cover?
- What is Open Data?
- Why is Open Data useful in business?
- How to assess and manage risk when using Open Data
- How Open Data can improve business
- How to create an Open Data business model
- How to use external Open Data
- How to publish Open Data